email@example.com | neidetcher.com | 303.246.0841
Summary of Qualifications
- Strengths are Learner, Achiever, Focus, Responsibility
- Pragmatic team player that thrives on producing tangible results that add real benefit.
- Over 17 years on Java platform (Java, Groovy, Scala) primarily in the telecom domain.
Languages and APIs
- Java (FP with Java8), JMS, J2EE, EJB, iBatis, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, Struts2, Spring (DI, AOP, DAO, Security)
- Groovy, Grails, Python (Django , CGI, PIL), Jython, Ruby, Rails
- Scala, Lift, Play, Finagle
- Spring, Spring-Boot, Hystrix
- SQL, Stored Procedures, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hazelcast
- Netty, SipStack.io
- gradle, sbt, Maven 2, Ant
- jUnit, Spock, EasyMock, Mockito, jUnitPerf, Selenium-IDE (and selenium-java), Cobertura, Jacoco, Pitest
- UML, OOP, OOA/D, FP, AOP
- ReST (JRA), SOAP (CXF, Axis2, JAXWS), XML
Platforms and Tools
- Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, JBoss, ServiceMix ESB, BEA Weblogic
- Linux (primarily Debian based), most types of Unix, MacOS
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, HSQLDB, Oracle, DB2
- IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, VIM, OmniPlan, OmniGraffle
- SOAPUI, VisualVM, Charles Proxy, Burp Suite, Wireshark, Subversion, git, Jenkins
Time Warner Cable - Senior Engineer, Denver, CO (Oct 10 - present)
- Lead engineer on 2 PCI customer portal applications written in Groovy and Grails.
- Residential and commercial portal development in Groovy and Grails.
- Scala RESTful JSON middleware to support portals integrating a dozen back-end systems.
- Designed and implemented edge web services backing the first cable iPad application to stream real-time video content. The application and service was awarded the 2011 Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Philo T. Farnsworth Award.
- Wrote Android demo application featured in Samsung keynote at the 2011 CES.
Dash Carrier Services - Principal Architect, Denver, CO (Jun 07 - Oct 10)
- Collaborated with business and leadership to establish a domain model and database schema to run a VoIP and 911 geospatial call routing systems.
- Created architecture and design for the entire software solution.
- Wrote the initial software and remained active in the code after advancing in role.
- Managed a 6 engineer team built by hiring and acquisition.
- Lead agile process as scrum master, aligning work with strategic and tactical business goals.
- Communicated with customers to make sure they could use our API.
- Evaluated vendors and consumed various types of APIs.
- Wrote software to dynamically pick vendors for phone traffic and 911 service provisioning based on revenue.
OpenLogic - Senior Engineer, Broomfield, CO (Dec 06 - Jun 07)
- Evaluated open source software and normalize it into distributable packages with Groovy.
- Java web app development with JSF, SOAP, Hibernate, Spring and Geronimo.
Avaya - Member of Technical Staff, Westminster, CO (Nov 04 - Dec 06)
- Integrated Lotus Domino Sametime groupware and Avaya voice conferencing system.
- Wrote JBI components and JMX MBeans for an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
Level 3 - Senior Engineer, Broomfield, CO (Feb 00 - Nov 04)
- Wrote the first SOA service at Level 3.
- ReST and SOAP SOA authoring and consumption with J2EE back-end.
- Used MapQuest and MS MapPoint geocoding services to ensure location data integrity.
- ORM Persistence layer design and implementation against Oracle.
- Struts web application development.
- J2EE development, deployment, build automation and configuration.
ASD Interactive - Application Developer, Morton, IL (Apr 99 - Feb 00)
- Java E-commerce development IBM WebSphere and DB2.
Affina - Programmer / Analyst, Peoria, IL (Dec 97 - Apr 99)
- Oracle data warehousing analysis and data extraction from de-normalized RDBMS.
- Python CGI development and markup conversion.
US Marines - Infantry Rifleman, Security Forces, Secret Clearance (90 - 94)
- University of Colorado graduate SW Certificate in Software Engineering, Boulder, CO - 2004
- Bradley University, BS, Computer Science, Peoria, IL - 1999
I also wrote a career narrative.